Who is the controller?
For what purposes do we use your personal data?
- to ensure proper communication with you;
- to manage your registration as a user on the store platform;
- to manage the sales relation, including processing and tracking your order, your delivery, performing your billing, providing any after-sales services and conducting satisfaction surveys;
- to deliver services requested by you;
- to accommodate your requests made through the customer support channels;
- to provide you with marketing information about our products or special offers;
- to optimise the quality of our services and the functionality of the Websites;
- to prevent, detect and investigate fraudulent or criminal activities;
- to operate and manage our business processes and IT infrastructure;
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- to protect the rights of third parties;
- to comply with any applicable laws and regulations, court orders or the requests of an authority; and
- for any other purpose communicated to you prior to (or ultimately at the time of) the collection of your personal data.
Depending on the relationship we have with you, your personal data can be processed for different purposes. We will not use your personal data for purposes that are incompatible with the purposes of which you have been informed, unless we are required or authorized by law to do so.
Some personal data, which we will mark as mandatory to provide, is necessary for the use of certain functionalities or services of the Websites. If you decide not to make such data available to us, we might not be able to complete your user registration or to offer you the functionalities or services in question.
On what legal grounds do we use your personal data?
We shall only process your personal data when there is a legal ground to do so. In particular, we shall process your personal data on the basis of the following legal grounds:
- because the use of your personal data is necessary for the conclusion and performance of an agreement with you;
- because the use of your personal data is necessary to ensure compliance with our legal obligations;
- because the use of your personal data is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests or those of a third party; and/or
- because you have consented to the use of your personal data.
We have a legitimate interest in collecting and processing personal data, for example, (i) to ensure proper communication with you, (ii) to accommodate your requests made through the customer support channels (iii) to optimize the quality of our services and functionality of the Websites, (iv) to manage our sales relations, (v) to operate and manage our business processes and IT systems, (vi) to detect, prevent and investigate fraud, and (vi) to enforce our rights and comply with our legal obligations.
We will only provide you with direct marketing emails (e.g. digital newsletters) after we have obtained your prior explicit consent to receive such e-marketing communications. You have the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for such marketing purposes through the use of the “unsubscribe” link included at the end of a direct marketing email or by contacting us via the contact details included in section 11 below.
How do we secure your personal data?
We have adopted appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard the security of your personal data. Examples of such measures are the implementation of a secure IT infrastructure, the conclusion of data processing agreements with third parties and the restriction of access to personal data to authorized persons only.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure, private, or confidential. If you have reasons to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately contact us via the contact details provided in section 11 below.
The Websites may, from time to time, contain links to or from websites of third parties, including social media channels. If you follow a link to any of these websites, kindly note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the use of your personal data through these websites. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of these third parties to learn how they process your data.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We may transfer your personal data to the following categories of recipients:
- service providers and subcontractors (including logistic, transport and delivery partners, advertising and marketing partners, IT support providers and cloud computing providers, payment processors, etc.);
- governmental or administrative authorities;
- financial institutions;
- professional advisors (including lawyers and accountants); and
- insurance companies.
Such recipients may be located outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). Unless otherwise notified to you, any transfers of your personal data to recipients located outside the EEA will be based on an adequacy decision or are governed by the standard contractual clauses.
How long will we retain your personal data?
You can change your cookie preferences at all times to delete and block cookies. You find help to adjust these settings on the website of the browser that you use. Remember that disabling cookies when visiting the Websites may cause some or all of the functions of the Websites not to work properly.
What are your rights?
You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data or restriction of the processing of your personal data or to object to the processing of your personal data, as well as the right to data portability.
In case we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
If you believe that your rights have been violated and/or if you believe that we do not comply with applicable data protection laws, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. The contact details of the Belgian Data Protection Authority can be found on the website www.privacycommission.be.
Should you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data, including the exercise of your rights, please contact us by email or regular mail using the contact details provided below. If you have any questions or complaints about the Agreement or its Terms and Conditions or otherwise, please contact us:
- By email: email@example.com
- By regular mail: Oude Baan 82A, 3370 Boutersem, Flemish Brabant, Belgium